The Information We Collect
Account Information and Other Personal Information. We collect information you include in your Olivine account when you sign up, such as basic profile information, authorized users information, email addresses and mobile location data, and other personal information, such as the size of your residence, number of family members residing in the residence, heating system used, and wi-fi network information if applicable, etc.
General Website Data. We collect information about you in various ways when you use our online app or websites. We collect personal information you provide to us. For example, we collect your name, email address, and other information you provide via the websites when you submit inquiries or request more information about us.
Green Button and Rule 24/32 Data. Olivine and its partners collect detailed data about the usage of electricity and other information through other services providers including your energy service or utility company. If you elect to authorize Olivine to be your demand response provider, data may also be provided by Pacific Gas & Electric Company, Southern California Edison or San Diego Gas and Electric Companies under Rules 24 and 32 as approved by the California Public Utilities Commission. A subset of this data is sent to our partners’ or our servers, where it is stored indefinitely following California Public Utilities regulations.
Product Data. If applicable, we collect detailed data about the usage of electricity through the electrical panel to which the product is connected. We collect detailed wattage and voltage information, and use this data to generate hypotheses about specific devices in use. A subset of this data is sent to our partners’ servers, where it is stored indefinitely.
Service Data. We collect various information at setup time, and in the course of usage. We collect location data, device information and power usage information. We track application usage information to monitor customer experience, and we collect crash and error information for improving application experience.
Web Beacons. We may collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used via the Service or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may combine the information we collect about you and use this information to:
- Provide, maintain, deliver and improve our services, products and online offerings. This includes improvements that are specific to your installation and those that generally improve our products, services, and online offerings.
- Identify opportunities for you to improve the energy efficiency of your home, such as ways to reduce electricity consumption, or identifying devices that are running inefficiently or may be failing.
- Send you alerts that you have enabled.
Provide you with information specific to your house, like a summary of device usage over time, or comparative information relative to others.
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our website, other online services, our products and services.
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service.
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Link or combine your information with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
- Communicate with you about our and other companies’ products, services, promotions, events and other news and information we think will be of interest to you.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the services.
- Detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities.
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose any information we collect about current and former customers with non-affiliated third parties, as follows:
- With third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do that work.
- In connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company.
- With other companies for our everyday business purposes, such as to process transactions and maintain accounts.
With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
- We may also share aggregated or information which cannot be linked to your specific account or other personal information.
Location of Information
We will maintain, store, and process your personal information in various locations around the world, including the United States and South Korea. We will follow all applicable laws regarding privacy protection and data access in the jurisdictions your data is located.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
How we Protect your Information
Olivine uses industry standard protocols and encryption for the transmission and storage of your data. In addition, Olivine follows standard industry practice to protect your data against any unauthorized access. Olivine continues to audit our security practices to ensure we continue meeting our high standards for data security. Although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no security program is foolproof and thus we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal or other information.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
Collection of Information from Children
Olivine does not direct its products or services to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If we learn that personal information of a person under the age of 13 age has been collected by us, we will take appropriate steps to delete this information.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Questions or Comments
2120 University Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94704 or contact us here.
READY TO ENROLL? (Change to Contact?)
See step-by-step instructions on how to signup and start earning awards. It’s easy to get started!
There is no commitment and no cost to you to participate.